Monday, April 02, 2007

I've been so busy in the garden of late that come the evening i am too tired to blog my achievements!

So as a summary here is what i have been up to the past week:

Sowed peas, sweetcorn, lettuce, courgette, pumpkin, squash, beetroot, carrot, French bean, cucumber, garlic chives and parsley... think that's it.


9 of my Brussels seeds have now germinated and 3 of the leeks. No sign of the tomatoes yet though.


Mick bought me one of those temporary greenhouses and has put it up on Bed 5.

It should prove useful - as long as it doesn't blow away in all this wind!
I've moved my climbing rose which has been in one of the veg beds since i moved it when the builders started their work last spring. I've put it outside the extension, in the new bed, so we can see it from the kitchen/diner. I also moved the echinacea here. Not sure if this will upset it's flowering but i needed my veg beds back! Next task is to move all the giant snowdrops (???) and Lily of the Valley once flowering is over as they are taking up too much space in Bed 5.

No comments: